Monday, 23 July 2012

Damn, I'm out of Club Mate again

So I went to the groceries to buy some Club Mate. For those of you who don't know what that is, it's a ice tea made from Yerba mate. It's refreshing, a little bit on the bitter side and has a natural caffeine level twice as coke.
But my local store was out of Club Mate, so I decided on making my own ice tea.

As a passionate tea drinker I always have some loose Yerba mate tea around. If you don't have one, you can easily buy some loose Yerba mate tea in your local tea shop.


For 1 liter of ice tea you'll need:
  • 2-3 limes or lemons
  • 1 Tbsp loose Yerba mate
So first of all, rinse the loose tea under cold water. I used a small sieve for that. Then boil some water, about a glass full will suffice. Put the rinsed tea in a great tumbler and brew it with the hot water.
Let it steep for 5 minutes. Meanwhile you can squash the limes or lemons and pour the fresh juice in a pitcher. After the tea infusion is ready, add it to the pitcher and fill with cold water.

Before you drink the ice tea I recommend you to put it in the fridge and allow it to cool down.
And if you're still thirsty you can also use the loose leaves for a second infusion.


No comments:

Post a Comment