Just admit it, you love garlic. And so does she. Everyone
loves garlic. (OK, nearly everyone)
Why should you give up on garlic, just because you want to cook a romantic dinner?
Simply, you don't have to.
So today's lesson in love is:
'Don't be ashamed of garlic breath. It doesn't matter if both of you smell.'
My girlfriend and I totally love garlic. It's healthy and tasty and you can put it in nearly every main course and it magically improves in taste.
It goes with all sorts of meat, with fish and vegetables. And it goes nicely with today's recipe, pasta with eggplant/minced meat ragout (or for you veggies out there, this recipe also tastes great without the meat)
You'll need (for the two of you):
- 1 eggplant
- 2 tomatoes
- a package sieved tomatoes
- 250 gr. minced meat (fifty-fifty pork and beef)
- 3 brown champignon mushrooms
(or more if you don't use the meat) - 1 onion
- 3-5 cloves of garlic
- 1 bottle of medium-dry or dry red wine
(if you don't plan on drinking the wine later on you can cook with a cheap one) - 250 gr. pasta (today I'll use spaghetti)
Deglaze the whole thing with the sieved tomatoes and put down the heat to medium. Then cut the other vegetables to bite-sized bits and put them in the saucepan.
Season with salt, pepper, oregano, marjoram, basil, thyme and rosemary (A tsp. each will do fine) and pour a good glass red wine in it.
Let the ragout simmer on low heat for about 20 minutes and taste it. You'll probably have to spice up the whole ragout again, because the eggplant and the tomatoes realy need a lot of salt and spices.
Now it's time you cook your pasta. I'm not gonna explain how you do that. And tbh I hope I don't need to either.
When your pasta is al dente you're practically ready to eat. You could arrange the whole thing with some Parmesan cheese on top of it, but you don't have to.
You can light up a candle, pour two glasses of wine and - voilĂ ! - you have a romantic dinner.
(And after dinner you'd probably be too busy to notice your garlic breath, anyway)
Damn, I wish I had been there!
ReplyDeleteOh sugar I wish you'd always be here!
ReplyDelete