Don't get me wrong, she's a awesome girl. I really love her, exact the way she is but lord, sometimes she drives me crazy.
Tbh I'm not the easiest character out there and she has her own cross to bear with me. I know that, too.
And I love her funny lively way and while having a major affection for make-up (she has her own beauty blog) she also has some nerdish perks you'd never guess. And that's really cool, I think.
Also one awesome thing about her is her descent. You have to know, she's a real American girl, born in San Francisco, USA, unlike me.
And because today's her birthday, this post is dedicated to my gorgeous lovely lady.
So today's recipe is about a real American breakfast.
Today it's gonna be pancakes en masse.
The first time I ate pancakes was merely a few months ago when my girlfriend came up with that idea for Sunday's breakfast.
And it was one of the best breakfasts I've ever had in my life.
So if you or your girl never had pancakes before, now's the perfect time to consider them your next breakfast.
The ingredients are for about 12 medium sized (~ 12 cm in diameter) pancakes
- 2 medium sized eggs
- 400 gram of plain flour
- 1 small packet of baking powder (or 1 tbsp.)
- about 300 ml milk
- maple syrup
- butter
- some fresh fruits (I went with blueberries)
- some bacon strips (if desired)
Put a frying pan on medium to high heat, put some oil (or whatever you use instead) in it and wait for it to get temperature.
Now take a ladle and pour the dough into the pan, creating the desired small cakes.
I generally make a stack containing three pancakes. You are free to make even bigger stacks, but you probably don't want to make them smaller. When you pile them up, spread some butter between each
layer and finally on the top too. Then drown that tower in syrup. Seriously you can't get enough syrup. Pour the blueberries on top and if you like you can add a side of baconstrips (As for me, what goes for syrup goes for bacon, too. There is never enough bacon.)
If you wonder, yeah that's blood orange juice again. I do love it.
There is never enough bacon. Word.
ReplyDeleteLove you, honey <3
Thanks for the bday post